To create a VFB-model start with creating the components. Components are modeled as intances (part-elements) of AUTOSAR Component Classifier elements!
- use the toolbox or drag and drop an AUTOSAR Component Classifier from the Project Browser to an AUTOSAR Diagram and choose Create/Paste as Instance (AUTOSAR Component)
in the dialog that appears to create a new component.
- set the component name in the component properties.
- set the component characteristic by using the Characteristic tagged value of the component. Here you can choose between different component types defined by the AUTOSAR VFB specification.
- After your components are created, go on with Adding Interfaces.
- If no Component Classifiers are avaialable, define Data Types by using an AUTOSAR Type Definition Diagram.